January 07, 2010

Dry Eyes

On my arrival back to the states, I did vast research about my eyes and read about using new types of eye solution such as Clear Care to using Theratears (non-preservative eye drops) to using warm compresses. I tried different types of eye drops and decided to try Systane Contacts (for soft and rgp lenses) but that did not help much. Furthermore I tried Rohto V. Ice eye drops but they did nothing for me (the soothing sensation feels great but doesn't help my condition).

I decided it was time went to seek out an optometrist/ophthalmologist that was well qualified and knew what they were talking about. On my immediate visit, my eyes were thoroughly examined and the optometrist stated that I have a condition known as dry eye. Something that no other eye doctor informed me of. I went for several check up's and was given samples of Restasis and Theratears.

On November 19th, 2009 I started using Restasis 1 drop in the morning and 1 at night. My drops ran out on January 6th, 2010. I also put warm compresses on my eyes for 5 minutes, 1 time in the morning and 1 time at night. My eyes lack the nutrients needed so I have also been taking Theratears Omega 3 Supplements. During this time, I stopped wearing contacts and rely on my glasses even though I am not a huge fan of glasses.

End Result:
I can not say that the discharge is gone but it has started to become under control. I see clear discharge maybe twice a week and they are quite small in length than before.

Currently:
I have been wearing only glasses for about 2 months now.
I am almost done with my second bottle of Theratears Nutrition Omega 3 Supplements.
Theratears eye drops are used every so often.
OcuSoft Lid scrubs are also used to clean my eyes in the morning and at night (give these a try, they seem to be good at cleaning my lids)

I will do a review on the used products in a later post. Till next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment