January 12, 2010

TheraTears & Restasis

1/09/10
I've completely finished my second bottle of TheraTears Omega-3 Supplements that everyone raves about on amazon.com. I had many high hopes for the product but I feel a bit indifferent thus far. The bottle states that you should take 3 capsules a day and continue use beyond 4 to 8 weeks which I am currently doing. I will make comments after this third bottle is finished. Their website states that the omega-3 capsules assist in providing the fatty acids needed in a healthy diet and furthermore, "TheraTears Nutrition provides the omega-3s your oil glands need to make the healthy oil that coats your tear film to reduce evaporation.* This healthy oil protects and moisturizes the eye and supports healthy tear function.*" I guess we'll see what happens in another month.

01/07/10
I finished my supply of Restasis. I've used the product since November 19, 2009 for a little under 2 months. I'm also indifferent about this product since I'm not sure if it helped my condition as much since I used it in conjunction with TheraTears eye drops. I wish I could comment more on the product; a part of me wants to say the drop of restasis in the morning the the drop at night did help but it could just be  hopeful/wishful thinking.

6 Hour Trip
Before I was diagnosed with dry eye, my eyes never really felt that dry. There was just the annoying stringy discharge in both of my eyes. However, about a month ago I went on a trip and drove for about 6 hours from northern California to southern California and truly felt the effects of this condition. My eyes were dying to dive into a deep oasis. The drive back was quite unpleasant  to say the least.

1 comments:

mtom said...

Only a few blogger would discuss this topic the way you do…-:` Website 

Post a Comment