April 05, 2010

Natrol Omega 3-6-9 Complex Review

I have recently tried Natrol Omega 3-6-9 Complex. The supplement purchased comes with 90 softgels and costs about $11.99, which is similar in price to TheraTears Nutrition.

Pros:
1. Product does not effect eyes any differently compared to TheraTears Nutrition.
2. I have been taking the recommended, 2 softgels daily whereas with the latter, the recommended intake is 3 tablets.

Cons: (I have read some reviews on amazon.com regarding TheraTears Nutrition and some individuals say they cannot stand the fish smell whereas I barely notice it).
1. However, with this product the lemon/fish smell is quite abundant.
2. Furthermore, the softgels are HUGE. Not to be consumed by individuals prone to gagging. I try to down the softgels with water as quick as possible.
3. (Fish supplements contain EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid), long chain forms of omega 3's, whereas ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid) is a short form and it takes longer for your body to convert this). That being said, this product contains 70mg EPA, 45mg DHA, & 200mg ALA. TheraTears Nutrition contains 150mg EPA, 100 mg DHA, no ALA. This could be a pro depending on preference.

I am halfway done with the bottle and today I noticed an 'aroma-can' inside the bottle.  >>

From their official website, they state that these small items are placed in the bottles to help add a pleasant scent. Well I can say it most definitely does not help.

That being said, after finishing the bottle I will most likely go back to taking TheraTears Nutrition. It is a lot easier to take 3 of their tablets compared to 2 Natrol Omega 3-6-9 tablets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment