September 01, 2010

AzaSite for Conjunctivitis

Conjunctivitis (Red Eye) is the swelling or infection of the eyelids due to bacteria and viruses. Usually it disappears on its own but responds well to antibiotic treatment.

Approximately a month ago, I was infected with Viral Conjunctivitis and fell ill because of this condition. A plethora of medication was prescribed to me by an optometrist (during the course of this infection):
  1. Allergan Pred Forte
  2. Allergan Zymaxid
  3. AzaSite
  4. Falcon Pharmaceuticals Tobramycin and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Suspension
  5. Falcon Pharmaceuticals Ophthalmic Solution USP, 0.3%
  6. Bausch & Lomb Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment USP, 0.5% *Did not use
  7. Azithromycin Tablets *Did not use
  8. Bausch & Lomb Lotemax *Given by Ophthalmologist (Worked as intended)

In regards to AzaSite, I have read that it has worked for some with dry eye and blepharitis, but in my case, it did not help clear up the Conjunctivitis. The skin under my eye was raw/sensitive enough that I felt solid pain on my eye. It was strange since on some occasions, no pain was felt but with most instances the pain was too much to bar. Hence, I stopped taking AzaSite. Readers, be forewarned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment